The electoral boundaries of Nova Scotia are reviewed at least every ten years by an independent Electoral Boundaries Commission.
A new commission to provide recommendations on electoral boundaries was established in July 2018 by the Select Committee on Establishing an Electoral Boundaries Commission. The Select Committee established the terms of reference for the commission and the commission members. The members of the Electoral Boundaries Commission were:
- Colin Dodds, Chair, Halifax
- Carlotta Weymouth, Dartmouth
- Michael J. Kelloway, Sydney
- Paul Gaudet, Saulnierville, Digby Co.
- Michael J. Baker, Hammonds Plains
- Glenn Graham, Antigonish
- Peter Marshall Butler, Halifax
- Leonard LeFort, Cheticamp
- Angela Simmonds, Westphal, Halifax Regional Municipality
On Monday, April 15, 2019, the Electoral Boundaries Commission released its final report entitled Balancing effective representation with voter parity. The report and more information on the Electoral Boundaries Commission can be found on their website at https://nselectoralboundaries.ca/
To contact the Electoral Boundaries Commission by email at ElectoralBoundariesCommission@novascotia.ca
Information related to the select committee’s report can be found at https://nslegislature.ca/legislative-business/committees/select/select-committee-establishing-electoral-boundaries-commission-2018